April 2, 2013
I think all this cold weather and snow in March has made me forget that it is spring! With getting super sick, going to WPPI, then moving out of my apartment this month – March was over before I knew it. I’m welcoming April with open arms, hoping for some sunshine (because being in Vegas for 3 days of sunny, 80 degree weather, then coming back to gloomy 20 degree weather is NOT fun), and getting geared up for more photo shoots and another wedding.
As always, I like to set goals for myself each month and recap at the end. If I’m being honest I did not feel like setting any goals for April. Maybe it’s because I’m writing this blog super early in the AM and I’m still asleep. Or maybe it’s because I’m just being lazy. But I’m making myself do it because writing them down and posting them on my blog helps me make sure I used this month to help me better my business and my life.
First, a recap:
1. Keep a more detailed record of how long the wedding/editing process takes for my March 2nd wedding.
2. At WPPI in Las Vegas, make at least ONE new photog friend from the Chicagoland area and make plans to meet up for drinks/coffee back home.
3. Order branded stationary, USB drives, USB boxes, and go to Hobby Lobby to get embellishments for client USB drives.
4. Design and order branded greeting cards for clients.
5. Aside from basketball on Tuesday nights, run/workout at least two other nights a week – NO using business “busy-ness” as an excuse. Even when I’m swamped, just going for a 20 minute run is better than nothing.
1. Use a more efficient method to track wedding expenses.
2. Workout twice a week outside of basketball nights.
3. Master my external flash.
4. Finish all May wedding timelines.
5. Set up my new proofing interface for clients.
Leave a comment