March 1, 2013
Somehow February snuck up on me. It was the busiest I’ve been since the end of wedding season, and I have no idea how it happened. Snowboarding, dinners out, Valentine’s Day, Danny’s Birthday, and a few photo shoots brought this snowy month to an end before I knew it. I actually didn’t even realize the month was over until I read a fellow photographer’s blog this morning talking about her March goals – and then I remembered to flip my calendar 🙂 My wedding season starts TOMORROW – and I couldn’t be happier to get back into the groove of things. Let’s see what I achieved last month and what I am setting out to do in March.
1. Keep this working out streak going for 2 months straight.
2. Book 3 out of the 6 open weddings I have.
3. Submit an Engagement Session to be published.
4. Plan Danny the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER, ha. Seriously though, this guy puts up with a lot – he deserves nothing less.
5. Plan a photog date with at least one new friend in the industry. I’m looking at you Ryan Moore.
1. Keep a more detailed record of how long the wedding/editing process takes for my March 2nd wedding.
2. At WPPI in Las Vegas, make at least ONE new photog friend from the Chicagoland area and make plans to meet up for drinks/coffee back home.
3. Order branded stationary, USB drives, USB boxes, and go to Hobby Lobby to get embellishments for client USB drives.
4. Design and order branded greeting cards for clients.
5. Aside from basketball on Tuesday nights, run/workout at least two other nights a week – NO using business “busy-ness” as an excuse. Even when I’m swamped, just going for a 20 minute run is better than nothing.
That’s it! Like always, wish me luck, hold me to it, and if you see me in person, feel free to ask me if I’m on track to achieving my goals this month 🙂