On a day where I just can’t get anything right, am feeling frustration coming at me from every angle, just can’t find the motivation to do what I need to do, and feel like I’ve been on the verge of overwhelming tears all day long… I find this article. Thanks, Kelly Powers, for sharing these motivational tips. Read the entire article here, or I’ve highlighted my favorite parts below.
Eight Leadership Lessons From the World’s Most Powerful Women
- Stay Determined: The world’s most successful women really want it–and remain determined even in the face of obstacles. They have the skills, and they put the time in. But more importantly, they have the desire to do something great.
- Be Courageous: Women at the top aren’t fearless. They move toward their fear to continually challenge themselves.
- Think Bigger: “Let’s think of how big this can be.”
- Take Calculated Risks: To move the needle, you have to make a big bets—but never rash—always based on a careful study of the outcomes. You have to know what you have to gain, and if you can afford to take the hit if it doesn’t go your way.
- Remain Disciplined: It takes discipline to achieve and maintain success. You simply can’t do everything, and the world’s most powerful women stay focused on the areas that will have the biggest impact.
- Hire Smart: Surround yourself with people of different backgrounds—including gender, race, geography, socio-economic and personality types—will help round out your conclusions.
- Manage Your Career: Look at your career as: Where have I been? Where am I now? Where am I going, and what are the right assignments to get there?
- Delegate At Work And At Home: The most successful women have learned that they have to have help, and they have to have faith in the people around them—at work and at home.
Leave a comment